Designed and created by Louis D'Hont & Marc VDB
Arduino IO Simulator MacOS
You bought an Arduino, What now?
This Arduino Simulator is different from all the other simulators. If you don’t have components like sensors, LEDs..., then this program will simulate the components for you. You need a real Arduino board for testing your programs with your computer and just change some codes to work with the simulator components.
You can also combine simulated inputs/outputs from the simulator and real Arduino IO, now you have made a little HMI (Human Machine Interface).
The Simulator has a lot of components that are required to test your projects.
Also available for Windows.
Designed for people in hardware need!
The Arduino Simulator has been drastically changed the way you use a simulator. By communicating with the Arduino board we can simulate everything on the screen. To make everything as easy as possible we created a library that allows users to simulate it by changing 1 letter of there code. This Arduino Simulator is designed to optimally simulate your (IO) projects with the aim of testing your projects without components if you don't have some parts yet you can simulate them.
To use the simulator, add the following license key: FLEAK-4VBAA-TDZ4E-A3LKC-FX9HR
Update for free to the latest version, donations are warmly appreciated!
Add yourself to the newsletter and get a notification when there is an update available.
Downloading not possible on smartphones.
How to install?
1. Before you can use the Arduino Simulator you will need to install the Java JDK. On Windows computers, it’s enough to install the basic Java JRE. I included a link to the JDK download in the information file.
You must install the full JDK, not just the JRE, to get Java support on macOS. For some reason, the JRE just installs the browser plugins and not the full Java.
2. Xevro is an unauthorized company so your Mac will give a message to give us permissions. In order to do that you will go to ‘System Preferences' -> 'Security & Privacy’. Click on the tab ‘General’ and press on the ‘Open Anyway’ button, the Arduino Simulator will start.
3. The first time when you start the Arduino Simulator you will get a password pop-up window that asks to give your password. This is to change the permissions of the Java/extensions folder where the Serial driver needs to come. The terminal windows will ask you for your computer password, if you type in your password it won't show you dots for security reasons.
4. Drag the Arduino Simulator 1.5 MacOS in the Programs folder.
5. Copy the license key in the Arduino Simulator.
The Arduino Simulator is very easy to understand. The simulator needs 5 simple things in order to work correctly.
1. Connect the Arduino Board
The Arduino Simulator works with a lot of Arduino boards:
Only the digital and analog pins that are available on the Simulator can be used!
Disconnect the Arduino Simulator before uploading the Arduino code.
2. Upload your custom Arduino code with the corresponding library file
Open the Simulator and go to 'Help -> Arduino UNO programming code -> Arduino UNO programming code (Ino).
This will open an Arduino (ino) file with the corresponding library and important code in it.
3. Change the original Arduino code
In order to let the Simulator understand the code, we have devised our own instructions. To maintain the usability, we have decided to change the current instructions a little bit and replace only the first letter with a capital letter. We have modified the instructions with a point so that the point may be omitted.
digitalWrite(13, HIGH); -> DigitalWrite(13, HIGH);
lcd.print("x"); -> lcdprint("x");
4. Select the used in-outputs in the Arduino Simulator
Each input and output on the Simulator has a selection box where the used digital or analog pin can be connected.
5. Connect the Arduino Simulator to the Arduino board with the right COM port
The Arduino Simulator knows which port is the Arduino board.
Make sure the Arduino is disconnected while uploading the Arduino code.
More information in the User guide.
Arduino Simulator Arduino IO Simulator Arduino Simulator Mac Arduino Sim
Arduino Simulator emulator Arduino simuino Arduino Simulator free Arduino simulator mac Arduino simulator free download Arduino sim download free Arduino simulator free Mac Arduino simulator deutsch macOS Arduino simulator India arduino simulator free version arduino uno simulator
© Copyright 2018. Xevro.be All Rights Reserved.